This is the blog of Thomas Wilk, a blogging, er, Introductory Composition instructor at Hudson Valley Community College. Here I'll recording responses to my ENG 101 classes at HVCC. I'll also post relevant material to our 101 classes here.

Writing of the Day!

this is an exercise I posted from Tuesday/2pm's in-class writing (not an actual assignment):


WRITE ME A 200 WORD ESSAY ABOUT STYLE? THAT’S 2 PAGES BUCKO!


What do I do with STYLE?
Hmmm.
Maybe I dress with style? No.
Ok. Well maybe it’s about writing or art?
AUDIENCE: Woul I rather write theis paper to my teacher or to my students?
DO I CARE ABGOUT STYLE?
What. I’m not sure that I really care aabout it.
What is another word for style?

I like saying the word the phrase “it’s true.” I’m not sure why , it started happening becaseu I wanted to emphasize something that was happening that

WHAT IS AT STAKE IN WHAT I AM WRITING!?!?!?!?!?
What is my goal?

2 People Speak:

shannon williams said...

hey this is shannon williams in your wednesday class.

Duyen Tran said...

Thom! 200 words essay does not cover up 2 pages when it is double spaces. 200 words essay could only fill up half a page when it's double spaces...... umm.. 200 words will not able to full fill the whole purpose of an essay, but it could only enought to make a good introduction paragraph.