This is the blog of Thomas Wilk, a blogging, er, Introductory Composition instructor at Hudson Valley Community College. Here I'll recording responses to my ENG 101 classes at HVCC. I'll also post relevant material to our 101 classes here.

I lost my cell phone.


Yesterday I dozed off on the bus after class, and after waking, and walking home, I realized that my cell phone was no where to be found.

Immediately, I clenched my fists, then beat my chest, and called out to the sky:

"Oh NOOO! Class might not start this week at 2 PM standard cell phone time! NOOOOO!"

Feeling overwhelmed with the actions I would now have to take to get my phone back, (if it would be possible at all), I took a nap because I couldn't deal. Besides, I don't even like my phone. I hate talking on the phone; texting is OK but expensive, and I am instinctively annoyed when people call me usually--I don't know why.

Well, long story short. The kindness of strangers supervened, and someone named Carl Williams found my phone on the bus, called my Mom, etc. etc., and today class will once again start at 2 PM standard cell phone time.

Mini story of the day.

4 People Speak:

tim said...

I dont have a cell phone for those exact reasons.

Wilkinism said...

Yeah, I tried holding out for as long as I could...

Jillian said...

I would have to agree. While I do have a cellphone, the impermanence and vulnerability of it is often daunting. Thanks to e-mail, I hardly consider my cell to be my primary form of contact, however, years ago, I never remember having to worry about losing my landline... and I always got my messages!

Oddball Meg's said...

I'm back on here. Yeah, you mentioned this in class. I went through the same thing, only it was my HV ID. Have no idea on how I lost it, but Public Safety said someone mailed it back to the school. Some people are cool. Now if I can only find my lost car key (we have 2 other copies luckily).