This is the blog of Thomas Wilk, a blogging, er, Introductory Composition instructor at Hudson Valley Community College. Here I'll recording responses to my ENG 101 classes at HVCC. I'll also post relevant material to our 101 classes here.

How Composition Crumbles

Blow-out-snow-out-end-of-semester-a-thon 2007.

Beloved classes of Tuesday and Thursday fame had their last class meeting ROBBED from them. The shame! No sense of closure? No sense of completion? It remains to be known.

All I know is that there sure are a TON of papers to grade. The snowed-in feeling lends well to this, assuring I have very little to look forward to outside, unless I'm wearing 4000 layers of clothes.

Real Life Business things:
-If you didn't get to do your oral presentation because of class cancellation, send me some body of work in place of your presentation. It should be the equivalent to a two-page, double spaced paper. You might send me:

a. Your Power Point presentation
b. Other presentation materials that are possible to email
c. A two-page double spaced description of your research process and what you learned during this research paper


-Grades should be finished by some point (probably late) on Tuesday; email me if you'd like to find out your grade around that time

-I will find out what the possibility is of returning final papers to you ASAP; anything that might be returned to you would have to either be next semester, or, I think I will be on campus this THURSDAY

-I am very fond of you, and if you need anything like a LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION for things out there in life, come see me.

-This is all the real business I can deal with right now.

0 People Speak: