This is the blog of Thomas Wilk, a blogging, er, Introductory Composition instructor at Hudson Valley Community College. Here I'll recording responses to my ENG 101 classes at HVCC. I'll also post relevant material to our 101 classes here.

Tuesday Morning Is New Each Moment

I am about to book a flight to Seattle for Winter break. I've never been to the West Coast, and I'll be arriving just after New Year's Day, so it will be a grand beginning for 2K8!

I can almost count the number of people I know who have fled to Seattle on two hands now. At first I thought I was going to visit, like, TWO people, and now I realize that there are about 11. And, I'll have to re-calculate, but I am pretty sure they are all 11 people that I actually WANT to see.

While in Seattle hopefully I'll record some music with my friend Josh, an NYC polymath transplanted to the West. Josh and I were part of a musical project once-upon-a-time called Todd Is New Each Moment. Josh came to Albany for a weekend and we, and one other person, locked ourselves inside for a summer weekend and recorded two TINEM albums, ("Deepthroat" and "Go Blondie! I Have Always Loved You!"), and a short film chronicling the whole experience was captured.

TINEM was a ton of fun for me because the process of song writing was so quick there was hardly any time for deliberation--it is like when someone is interviewing you about your papers and writing down everything you say, you are less likely to commit self-censorship.

Oh Todd!

1 People Speak:

josh malamy said...

oh todd! i googled todd is new each moment. TINEM was a ton of fun for me too. i think i've told you this but it was like may 2006 and i was thinking to myself, i hope todd is up for doing this. and half a year later i asked and you were. and half a year more later it was. and could still be. you and todd brought so much to the table that i in no way predicted, though i had predicted you would bring things to the table i couldn't predict. i am excited you are coming to seattle. see you soon. :)